Moving house can be both a joy and a stress, the joy of being able to move somewhere new with new surroundings and the chance to make new friends and start a new life is often one of the big draws in moving home.
On the flip side moving home can also be an incredibly stressful time as you need to make sure every aspect of the move has been covered, which includes but not limited to packing, removal, storage, bill changing, new house setup etc. There are multitudes of things that need to be thought through and here ar just a few tips to help you along the way.
- Get as much help as possible, there is no point in turning down free help when it’s available, so anybody that wants to lend a hand you should be taking full advantage of. Not only will it help you reduce costs in the long run but it will also make the move a lot easier as your family and friends will be around to make it so much more fun.
- Choose a reliable and professional me removal service such as Colchester Removals Services who have decades of experience in the industry and are able to offer you a top notch service at incredibly competitive prices. Give them a call today and see how they can help make your home move a lot more less stressful.
- Make sure you book the time off work and other commitments well in advance, booking an extra day or two off is also overy advisable as it will allow you some downtime before going back to work.
- Do not leave the packing to last minute, this can be one of the most stressful tasks and leaving it to the last minute can cause you to panic and forget things. Try to get the packing done ahead of the removal date so on the day it leaves you free to concentrate on the important issues. There are also moving companies that will come in to your house and pack everything for you. Although this does come as an added extra cost. Speak to your removal agent and see how they can help in this department.
If possible follow this packing plan to help you organise better for the day.
In the weeks running up to the move.
- Set aside one section of your home that will be solely to stack all the items that are ready to be packed.
- Make sure you leave enough time to completely clean out the kitchen, this includes allowing enough time for various items to defrost as well as accounting for perishable items that you will no longer be taking with you.
- Document and list all the items that are going to be packed. Create a separate list for the boxes and make sure you number the list according to the contents inside each box.
There we go. We hope this article has helped you in some way with your house move. If you’re based in the Colchester area and are looking for highly recommend professional movers then please feel free to get in touch with the friendly team at http://colchesterremovals-services.com/