Have you ever seen a car that shines in the sun? Have you ever wondered how you can get your car to look like that? The answer is waxing your car in the right way. It is easy to do this yourself and you don’t have to spend that much to achieve the results you want.
What car wax to get
When looking at car wax you might think that getting the most expensive brand is the best option. This is not always true as some cheaper brands will give a better result than the top end ones. When you are buying your wax it is best to get one that is non-abrasive. It is also a good idea to look at reviews to see what other people say about the wax that you want to get.
What else do you need?
While the car wax is the most important item you need to get there are other items that you will need. You will need a bucket and sponge in order to wash your car. You will also need to have a different sponge to apply the wax with. Cloth diapers or a terry cloth towel are needed for the later stages of the process. It is best that you have more than one of these cloths as you will need them at some point.
Proper ways to apply wax
The key to getting that high gloss finish for your car is down to the actual process of apply the wax. Most of us suffer from the problem of streaks when we wax our cars but if you follow simple steps then this will be a thing of the past.
• The first step you need to complete is to thoroughly wash your car. In order to make sure that your car is entirely clean many people wash their car twice.
• Once you have washed the car you will need to dry it. Do not leave it to dry in the sun because this can cause spots to appear which will cause problems when you start waxing your car.
• Before you apply the wax you should get your sponge and dampen it. You should then put some of the wax onto the damp sponge.
• Apply the wax to your car in clockwise circular motions. Continue with this process until the entire car is covered.
• Once the car is covered in wax go back to the point you started on. The wax should be dry on the car. Use your cloth to take the wax off in circular counter-clockwise motions. Repeat this step twice to ensure all the wax is gone.
A few tips for a high gloss
To get that high gloss finish there are a few tips you should keep in mind.
• If you are waxing your car on a sunny day park it in the shade.
• When apply wax to your damp sponge aim for an amount the size of a teaspoon.
• Rotate the cloth you use to buff so you will not get streaks.
Properly applying car wax is the key to having a high gloss shine. You do not always have to go with the most expensive wax but you do have to apply it properly.